News Headlines Article

Hospitals failed to report outbreaks linked to tainted scopes, Senate report says
Los Angeles Times

The superbug that raged through Bill Warner’s body after a routine medical scope procedure in early 2013 was so dangerous that his family was warned about entering his room at a time when he needed them most.

For more than eight months after the procedure at the Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, N.C., the 55-year-old truck driver suffered. He hallucinated, gripped the sheets in intense pain and withered away, losing 60 pounds before dying on Nov. 24, 2013, according to testimony his wife later gave at a federal hearing.

Commands