News Headlines Article

Author: Hospitals must learn from errors, prevent infections
USA Today

When 18-month-old Josie King arrived at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center, she had blistering burns on 60% of her body, caused by scalding bath water produced by a broken water heater. Josie seemed to receive the best of care and had surgery to transplant skin grafts onto her scarred body.

Yet Josie’s mother, Sorrel, who slept on a cot by the girl’s side for weeks, noticed the baby getting sicker just days before she was supposed to go home.