News Headlines Article

Get health insurance set before you relocate
Washington Post

With few exceptions — such as a medical emergency as you are passing through Canada on your way to Alaska — you can’t use Medicare in other countries. Still, you should sign up for Medicare Part A, which covers hospital costs, when you turn 65, so you can use it when you come back to the United States. It’s free. Enroll online at

If you don’t plan to spend any time in the United States, skip enrolling in Medicare Part B, which covers outpatient services and doctor visits.