News Headlines Article

Failure to Extend COBRA Subsidies Could Hurt Many Families, Report Says
HC Pro

When Congress returns from its Memorial Day recess this week, it will be looking at a jobs bill (HR 4213)—passed by the House and still pending in the Senate—that no longer extends subsidies to assist unemployed workers in paying for their healthcare through COBRA. Initially, the jobs bill included an extension through November of this year in which unemployed workers (laid off between September 2008 and May 31 of this year) would be responsible for 35% of their COBRA payments, while the federal government would pick up the remaining 65% of the tab.

Commands