CHA News Article

CHCF Publishes Overview of Rural Health Clinics

The California Healthcare Foundation (CHCF) has released a report on the primary care delivery system in rural areas, including hospital-based outpatient departments. The report, California’s Rural Health Clinics: Obstacles and Opportunities, includes a number of key findings — California rural health clinics (RHCs) in fiscal year (FY) 2010 provided 44 percent of the total primary care in rural areas; in FY 2010, 52 percent of RHCs were independent and owned by medical providers or community groups, while the other 48 percent were owned and operated by hospitals; and, although not required, 48 percent of RHCs reported they offered sliding scale discounts to uninsured patients in 2011. For more information, see attached report or visit the CHCF website at www.chcf.org/publications/2012/03/ca-rural-clinics-obstacles.

Commands